Nobody wants to be involved in a car accident. It’s stressful and sometimes results in serious injuries that can affect the quality of your life.
However, if you are ever involved in an accident, here’s what to remember:
(1) get to an area of safety;
(2) notify the police;
(3) take photos of the vehicles;
(4) cooperate with the police but never admit fault;
(5) exchange insurance information and report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible;
(6) limit communication with the other party;
(7) get a copy of the police report;
(8) avoid posting comments about your accident to social media;
(9) seek medical treatment, if necessary; and
(10) consult a personal injury attorney.