At Fleming & Monroe, we offer a free initial consultation to all personal injury clients. In almost every situation, we’re inevitably asked some variation of this question: How much money can I get from a personal injury claim?
While the Arizona law promises no guarantees, there are a number of factors a jury may consider when deciding how much to compensate someone who is injured by the fault of someone else.
Juries take into consideration these factors for personal injury cases:
- The nature, extent and duration of the injury.
- The pain, discomfort, suffering, disability, disfigurement and anxiety already experienced — and reasonably probable to be experienced in the future as a result of the injury.
- Reasonable expenses of necessary medical care, treatment, and services rendered and reasonably probable to be incurred in the future.
- Lost earnings to date and any decrease in earning power or capacity in the future.
- Loss of love, care, affection, companionship and other pleasures of the marital relationship.
- Loss of enjoyment of life — that is, the participation in life’s activities to the quality and extent normally enjoyed before the injury.
- A comparative fault evaluation to determine how fault/damages will be allocated among the parties.
Juries would likely award less money to an injured person who experienced minimal treatment, no loss of earnings and no loss of enjoyment of life when compared to someone who received extensive treatment, was unable to work for an extended period of time and can no longer hike or do other things they used to be able to do.
Is There a “Typical” Personal Injury Settlement?
If you’re wondering if there is a “typical” reward from a personal injury case, here’s what we can tell you: The amount varies greatly. On the low end, an injured person might settle for a few thousand dollars. On the high end, a personal injury settlement could be $50,000 or more. It depends on the injury, the overall strength of the case, the defendant’s liability and other factors.
If you or someone you know has been injured and would like an honest opinion about the strength of a personal injury claim, contact my partner Bob Monroe or me. We welcome you to request a free, no-obligation consultation — which can be done in-person at our Mesa office or by phone or video — and look forward to meeting you.
“Mr Fleming has been amazing throughout my case. He was thorough and went through every detail. He exceeded my expectations and the outcome was much more than I expected. I highly recommend him.”
Five-star Google Review from Erin Eichhorst
“I’ve had the opportunity to speak with Jacob more than once and all I can say is he really cares about helping you out.”
Five-star Google Review from Joseph Tencza