When you choose a personal injury attorney, you want someone you can feel comfortable with — a person who is friendly, knowledgeable and always has your best interests in mind.
A doctor has a bedside manner, but we don’t know a good parallel description for how an attorney relates to his client. But we’d like you to get to know Mesa-based attorneys Jacob Fleming and Bob Monroe! Here’s a little bit about what they like to do outside of their 8-to-5 day jobs practicing law for clients throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area. You’ll also find their thoughts on what it means to be a practicing attorney. (I might change this wording, depending on how you answer!)
Meet Jacob Fleming
Here are five fun facts about Jacob:
- He was born in Pasadena, California, but was raised here in the East Valley.
- After high school, Jacob served a two-year LDS Mission in Argentina and then attended Brigham Young University where he received his bachelor’s degree in 2008.
- In 2012, he graduated, cum laude, from Washburn University School of Law with his Juris Doctorate degree.
- Following law school, Jacob worked for the Arizona Court of Appeals and then two private law firms before co-founding Fleming & Monroe with Bob Monroe.
- In his spare time, Jacob enjoys spending time with his family and participating in endurance sports. (He’s pictured here with his brother and sister in a race last fall in Dallas.)
When it comes to being an attorney, Jacob says, “My favorite part is helping people through a difficult time in their lives.”
Meet Bob Monroe
Here are five fun facts about Bob:
- He’s an Arizona native (yes, we have those here!) who grew up in the East Valley.
- After high school, Bob served a two-year LDS mission in Argentina.
- He initially received his bachelor’s degree in construction management in 2007 and then graduated cum laude from the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University in 2011.
- After law school, Bob worked for a construction law firm and, later, for two well-respected litigation firms.
- Bob loves the Diamondbacks, Cardinals, Suns, and of course, his ASU Sun Devils. In his spare time, he enjoys being with his family, coaching his kids’ sports teams and attending hot air balloon events. (He’s pictured here with his wife.)
Here’s what Bob says about his line of work: “Helping my clients find a resolution to complex and stressful legal problems is extremely gratifying and is probably the thing I enjoy most about being an attorney.”